PDA

View Full Version : goodbye!

vettefreak90
26th October 2005, 03:59 AM
I'm switching back to windows after all my linux issues. Flame this post all you want, it's not like i'm coming back :p :) :p :) :D

rayyes
26th October 2005, 04:43 AM
that's quite unfortunate, really.
for you I mean, not for us.
From your posts here, your "linux issues" consist of 5 measly little posts about accessing your C:\ drive, installing from source, and something regarding a goofy hat...
you give up sooo easily, you must be a real winner.
Close the door behind you :D :) :p ;) :rolleyes: :D :cool:

imdeemvp
26th October 2005, 05:26 AM
Another LOOSER!!!! :D :eek: :p ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :)

urzasrage
26th October 2005, 05:36 AM
Linux is not for everyone.

epiieq1
26th October 2005, 06:07 AM
:mad: Something interesting that I've noticed. The way people are treated on this site because they have "measly" problems or can't figure things out...why would they want to stay? Why would they want the harassment or to be treated like an idiot? Sometimes it's a wonder so many new people actually STAY with Linux given the *warm* reception they receive. I know I don't know much about how Linux operates under the hood, but you know what? People like us are the ones that will help Linux grow and become popular among the *idiots* that are always described on this site. I know I've converted a couple of people at work, but I'm starting to wonder if Fedora is what I should push them to based on the lovely reception they receive here.

vettefreak90, I'd recommend a different distro that might work out a little better for you. SuSE 10 worked for me for an easily setup system that mounted my Windows drives no problem. I've heard Ubuntu works well also. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Might I recommend that even if you do decide to stay with Windows, go ahead and give other open source apps a shot. OpenOffice, the GIMP, and other open source Apps. Check out The OpenCD – www.theopencd.org. Good luck!

By the way, with all of your expert knowledge, couldn't you learn how to spell? I didn't think it was that hard... :mad:

ukanth
26th October 2005, 06:35 AM
he didn't understand ... one more looser .. :))

hu28m
26th October 2005, 06:46 AM
he losed, and he didn't give anyone a little oppotunity to help him to solve his troubleshots.

rayyes
26th October 2005, 06:54 AM
epiieq1, there's the honest-to-God newbie, the one who doesn't know much but is willing to ask the right questions and learn (there's a lot).

Then there's the lamer who can't be bothered to even try, and expects linux to just work, then they blame the community when it doesn't.

look at this guy's posts....you can't possibly tell me that he gave the slightest effort to even try! And this gem "Flame this post all you want, it's not like i'm coming back" just screams TROLL..

As far as I'm concerned, such people are dead weight, kind of like the numb leg that slows you down.

Also look at some of our posts, we try to help when we can, but don't expect me to be all warm and apologetic when someone says how much linux sux d00d!!1!

giulix
26th October 2005, 07:16 AM
Calling someone a loser because he can't make an os work is nonsense. Like calling anyone loser for any reason: who's to say what makes a winner ? Are you gods or something ?

sgjanssens[old]
26th October 2005, 07:54 AM
Ok, goodbye.

Mat
26th October 2005, 08:38 AM
:mad: Something interesting that I've noticed. The way people are treated on this site because they have "measly" problems or can't figure things out...why would they want to stay? Why would they want the harassment or to be treated like an idiot? Sometimes it's a wonder so many new people actually STAY with Linux given the *warm* reception they receive.

they receive that *warm* reception not during their stay, but after posts like this or all those "I'm officially fed up with FC"... that's quite a difference

look at his threads.. he was not attacked or anything (and that is true for all those "quitters"

Mat

Zigzagcom
26th October 2005, 09:57 AM
:) No worries, you just might be back in 12 months, after you digested your first encounter with linux :eek: . It has a way of growing on you, deep underneath your skin, way back in your mind, but then you will be ready, grasshopper :cool: . Many of us were in the same situation as you :( . Last evening, in class, I finally came to grips with fdisk, creating partitions on a USB pen drive, formatting the three partitions with mkfs into three different file systems, and then mounting them under the /mnt directory with the mount command. Man, the satisfaction I got out of that :D . I wish you could have been there...

Peace be with you.

bitrain
26th October 2005, 03:53 PM
This seems like yet another:

please close this thread
thread.

If everybody who switches to another OS is going to post it, then we'll be busy with our flames and welcomes.

Not everybody wants to solve issues they have with linux and at this stage many people still experience problems.

epiieq1
26th October 2005, 04:48 PM
Quite frankly, I could care less if he is a troll. Shouldn't you be the bigger person and just ignore it?

RahulSundaram
26th October 2005, 04:52 PM
[Closing this thread]

It would better for the community to respond better if anyone has negative feedback about Fedora or Linux in general. There is no silver bullets

Rahul
Red Hat