PDA

View Full Version : New install

dnieskes
25th February 2004, 03:21 AM
I am new to this and have a stupid problem already. I installed the 1st disk and everything seems to boot up correctly. It gets to a point where it asks me login and pw. The problem is I have no idea what to put there, everything I did put there does not work. I tried to reinstall the disk and got the same thing. Also, why do you need to download 3 disks, when the install only used one.......well maybe I have not gotten far enough :oops:

Thanks

....................edited........................ ....

Ok, I have installed all three disks. I didnt realize I had to do a upgrade..... :? I still have a roadblock......localhost and pw???

dnieskes
25th February 2004, 03:25 PM
Ok if nobody is willing to help me, maybe someone could give me a link to someplace that does have answers? I sure would like to make this work, but I can always forget about it and use my regular OS.....

joakimcs
25th February 2004, 05:22 PM
I think people are willing to help you here, but not if the limit of your patience amounts to the four minutes between your first and second post :)

Try to be a bit more concise:

You chose your user name and password during the installation process. Did you write it down?

What did you put, and where did you put it?

The cotents of the second and third disk are more free goodies!

I recommend the newbie lounge on FedoraChat.org, I think it's the place for you.

Remember that the money you save on running a linux distribution you'll have to pay in blood, sweat and tears. That's my experience, anyway.

dnieskes
25th February 2004, 05:45 PM
Great :D Sorry for being inconsiderate, I didnt mean it to come off that way at all. Its just I am really looking to make this change a fun one and running into something like what I did, made may doubtful of my intentions. To answer your question, I only use one name and pw for most of my stuff. So when it asks me a name, I always use the same as before and the pw is always the same.......except on messageboards of course.....Thank you for the link, that looks like what might be a good place to start out, I found this board in a chat room that fedora had mentioned on there webpage.

Thanks

Dortmund Photos - Anshan - Banqiao Instagram Photos -