PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 4 help please

1st timer
23rd August 2005, 01:59 AM
Alrighty then... I just finished downloading Fedora4 burned and installed all went well until it got to my Atheros integrated wifi card...no go.So now i cant get online to get a driver for it. Can someone tell me what to do next? I tried to put it on a disk but Fedora said i wasnt the owner so it failed??? So what is my next course of action? once I ,we figure this out I should be able to fix the other minor probs. So can someone please enlighten a noob...

dwflo
23rd August 2005, 02:09 AM
Alrighty then... I just finished downloading Fedora4 burned and installed all went well until it got to my Atheros integrated wifi card...no go.So now i cant get online to get a driver for it. Can someone tell me what to do next? I tried to put it on a disk but Fedora said i wasnt the owner so it failed??? So what is my next course of action? once I ,we figure this out I should be able to fix the other minor probs. So can someone please enlighten a noob...

Go to the How To section, there are many articles and links that will help you. Read The Fedora FAQ.

Dave

shams
23rd August 2005, 02:14 AM
you need to get the dirver and install it, is your system dual boot?

1st timer
23rd August 2005, 02:18 AM
you need to get the dirver and install it, is your system dual boot?

yes it is dual boot, im not sure where to find all the drivers yet,but I think I have them here on the windows side...

OmniUni
23rd August 2005, 02:49 AM
make sure you are logged in as root, this should prevent ownership issues. also, look online to see if your particular card is supported. what may be a better option is to set up a shared fat partition so that you can dl stuff on windows and then use it on linux.

1st timer
23rd August 2005, 08:30 AM
make sure you are logged in as root, this should prevent ownership issues. also, look online to see if your particular card is supported. what may be a better option is to set up a shared fat partition so that you can dl stuff on windows and then use it on linux.

I actually did setup a small fat32 partition last night remembering that Linux cant see a NTFS partition. I dont see an option to log in as root I'll keep looking and thanks for the response.

shams
24th August 2005, 12:35 AM
mount your fat32 partitions to see from linux, for details read this link (http://shams2.bravehost.com/faq.html#mount) .