PDA

View Full Version : Joining Fedora to a Windows 2003 ADS

JLH
1st December 2003, 12:13 PM
Can any post information on joining the Fedora Core 1 release to a Windows 2003 Active Directory?
I am running Windows 2003 Advanced Server in Windows 2000 mixed mode?

Avatraxiom
17th December 2003, 01:17 AM
I'm fairly certain that you can get a Fedora machine to *authenticate* against a domain controller, at the least. Active Directory is a form of LDAP, so in System Settings->Authentication, you can try LDAP. I think that the Base DN is ou=Users,dc=(yourhostnamepart1),dc=(yourhostnamepa rt2) where your domain is: yourhostmanepart1.yourhostnamepart2.

However, instead of "uid," active directory uses something like "sAMAccountName".

I know that Win2K, at the least, was also capable of doing Kerberos with some settings changes.

Finally, you could try SMB authentication.

-M

taylor65
8th January 2004, 12:27 AM
I did this by going into System Settings -> Authentication and choosing SMB as the login. I had to create a local home directory for the user. You can do this without creating a local home directory by using winbind (which I haven't tried yet). If you want to do more than just authentication against AD, winbind is what you should look at.

Nagamangala Travel Photos on Instagram - Tyoply Stan Photos - Anapa Photos on Instagram