PDA

View Full Version : Alsa 1.0.9rc2

strikeforce
8th June 2005, 02:00 AM
Alsa the greatest and most annoying piece of software that I have come across. When it works I'm ecstatic when it doesn't I want to rip my hair out.

I was doing my usual searching on how to setup dmix so I don't get stuttering in game and I came across a little bit of info and I wanted to know whether FC4 will be including this in the release.

For ALSA 1.0.9rc2 and higher you don't need to setup dmix. Dmix is enabled as default for soundcard which doesn't support hw mixing.

The only version available in the atrpms is the version before this. I can't wait cause I think this might be my saviour in the future and I love how kudzu finds my sound card and xmms works however for some reason I get stuttering in playing games however I had it working before and when I re-installed FC3 I haven't been able to get it to work again.

Anyways ultimately thats my question whether that version of alsa will make it into FC4?

Enclosed is the link with the quote in it. Its the very last line on the page.

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=DmixPlugin

wtogami
8th June 2005, 09:59 AM
FC4 is shipping with rc4, which fixes some really annoying bugs where audio programs occasionally lockup. It is much happier now.