View Full Version : Install FC4 Test 3 for now or wait?
5th June 2005, 06:04 PM
I just noticed that the final version of FC4 is delay to June 13. I am wondering if I install FC4 Test 3 for now, will their be any problem if I upgrade it to FC4 later?
Any ideas or any other suggestions are appreciated.
5th June 2005, 06:18 PM
Wait. It's only 8 days. Upgrading from Test to Stable is not recommended. Upgrading from Stable to Stable is unpredictable.
5th June 2005, 06:20 PM
What if delayed again?
5th June 2005, 06:24 PM
Wait longer. The chances of a second delay are very small.
5th June 2005, 11:54 PM
Hmmmm ... I installed f4 test 3 and was planing on upgrading to the full release. I upgraded from RH9 to FC1 without too many problems. I am having a few update issues with FC4 T3. I have been playing it safe by keeping yum confined to the fedora repo's and livna. I'm stuck on libgs.so.7 dependancy for imagemagic. I was directed to install ghostscript-libs-7.07-41 which has libgs but installing that conflicts with ghostscript-7.07-40. So I guess I have to remove ghostscript-x40. I'v tried to exclude= in yum but it still complains about the dependancy and I can't yum update. I don't dare add any more repo's until FC4 is released. ????????????? Anyone think it's safe to add dag or fresh rpms repo's on FC4 T3? I was really hoping to yum right up to the full release..
6th June 2005, 12:52 AM
i would suggest that you wait. It most likely wont be delayed much longer than the 1 week date.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.