PDA

View Full Version : Intel Fortran compiler and FC4 Test3 64bit

csaba
31st May 2005, 09:39 AM
I have sucessfully updated my FC3 64bit version to FC4 Test3 64bit version. I have compiled a test program with l_fce_pc_8.1.024. This compiler has worked with FC3 64bit.

I could build the binar file using FC4. But when I tried to run the file I got the error messege:

./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libcxaguard.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The test program's code:

PROGRAM test
WRITE(*,*) 'Hello World'
END PROGRAM test

I have build the binar file with the command

ifort test.f90

I have tried with the version I_fce_pc_8.1.027 with the same result.

Any ideas ?

My system:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz
Asus A8N-SLI DeLuxe nForce4

csaba
3rd June 2005, 02:29 PM
I have got answer on my question in Intel Community Forums:

Is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable set at run time, to point to the library provided with the 64-bit ifort? This is a familiar problem, unlikely to be peculiar to your distro or hardware. If you have the environment set for compilation, you should not see this problem.

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH was empty and I had to define manually. Then I could run my excecutable file. This is strange because I have defined the envirement set for compilation in my .bash_profile and I can see that the PATH variable includes the correct value but the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is not defined.

Why?

csaba
18th June 2005, 02:23 PM
I have figured out the solution. I used to set up my envirement varibale with FCx in .bash_profile. It worked fine. I tried to do the same with FC4. It does not work for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. I have moved the declaration of the variable to .bashrc and this is working for all variables.

Tristan
18th June 2005, 02:52 PM
Out of curiousity, have you tried compiling it with the GCC4 Fortran compiler? I know this won't help with your problem necessarily, but I use Fortran myself and I'm curious about GFortran's performance against ifort.