PDA

View Full Version : configuring 2 sound cards?

semiexa
19th March 2005, 10:13 AM
Hello all you jelly beens and tangerines... :p so with fedora 3, is it possible to configure 2 soundcards...specificaly a delta 44 by m audio and soundblaster live platinum 5.1? Fedora reads them both, but neither work...also my cd player won't read. strange.. :confused: any ideas? thank you...

owakroeger
19th March 2005, 10:36 AM
Go to 'Main Menu' > 'Sound & Video' > 'Volume Control' and unmute any mute boxes that might be checked. Fedora ships with Alsa volume control muted by default.....don't know why. Having two sound cards might be a problem.... it was for me. If unmuting doesn't fix your problem, you might have to disable your built-in sound card in bios. Do this by rebooting. When you get the message 'Hit DEL for Setup', hit DEL. Scroll through the menus till you find the one for sound and disable it. Exit and Save, reboot, and try again. As for the CD, make sure the CD is not muted in 'Volume Control.'
I hope this helps.
owa

semiexa
19th March 2005, 10:45 AM
thank you very much owakroeger. I disabled onboard sound, i will try the other stuff you said...cool thank you.

Swidwin Travel Photos on Instagram - General Mamerto Natividad Instagram Photos - Engels Travel Photos