PDA

View Full Version : eclipse not starting anymore since installation of matrox g450

ascheucher
1st March 2005, 07:18 PM
hi,

i have got a amd 64, 1GB ram box, which i used with an old ati mach 64 pci vga card. now i installed a used matrox g450 dual head card and everything works fine, except eclipse!
eclipse starts as normal up to the point where you see the workbench and then crashes with following message:
JVM terminated. Exit code=1
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/bin/java
-cp /usr/local/eclipse/startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch amd64
-showsplash /usr/local/eclipse/eclipse -showsplash 600
-exitdata /usr/local/eclipse/eclipse -exitdata 2f0012
-vm /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/bin/java
-vmargs
-cp /usr/local/eclipse/startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main

first I tried to switch from sdk1.5 to 1.4.2 but no success an then installed the matrox driver.
this is now after i have installed the mga driver. before I got a simmilar message and also a logfile in my user directory which I attached as well.

maybe somebode is familliar with that problem and can help me. I have no idea where to look next
thanks in advance,
andi

topa
1st March 2005, 08:54 PM
I don't know if I am correct but I can see that your JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_01
and your PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/andi/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_01:./bin:/home/andi/lib
Now concerning your path: the java in your path should point to the bin directory.
So it should be /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_01/bin: if I am not mistaken.

greetz
tony