PDA

View Full Version : NFS problem

hanybee
26th February 2005, 08:37 AM
hello friend
i m tring to run that NFS an want share files with FC2 and it give me the following message
tell me what i have to do for it
waitng for reply
HASSAN

[root@localhost root]# mount pc1:/home/hassan/dll /mnt/a
mount: can't get address for pc1
[root@localhost root]# mount 169.254.241.53:/home/hassan/dll /mnt/a
mount: 169.254.241.53:/home/hassan/dll failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

evil betty
7th March 2005, 02:13 AM
The first one maybe related to /etc/hosts. I had to make entries in the server and the clients /etc/hosts files to mount with a name.

The second is probably permission with your export files. I had to give mine rwx to owner, group and other.

james_in_denver
7th March 2005, 03:42 AM
Can you post your "/etc/hosts", "/etc/exportfs", and any error messages in "/var/log/messages" related to NFS.

Been a while since I've used FC2, but if memory serves me correctly, FC2 uses NFSv3 while FC3 uses NFSv4. You might want to verify that. If that is the true, you can specify the version number to use on the "mount" command line (must be the older version of the two.). You might also have to "tweak" "/etc/init.d/nfs to force it to accept connections for an "older" version of NFS. (man nfs will let you know the command line arguments/parameters for that).

Guangzhou Travel Photos on Instagram - Depok Travel Photos on Instagram - Bangalore Travel Photos on Instagram -