PDA

View Full Version : IRC chat for Fedora Forum

Prometheus
13th March 2004, 09:17 PM
I was thinking about this last night (i was really bored) and i though it would be cool to set up an IRC channel that could be accessed from the fedoraforum site. Like up top where it has the links to the glossary, forums, etc. it would be cool to have a IRC link and all logged in users could join. Just an idea, provide live help kinda. I really love the forum, i mean i have gotten responses faster here than any other forum i have ever used, but a live chat would be cool. Just and idea.

Prometheus

Ug
13th March 2004, 10:00 PM
#fedora on irc.freenode.net is really for that.

You can find us regulars in there anyway.

Prometheus
13th March 2004, 11:05 PM
I just though it would be cool to have our own, thats all

Freenode seems to get off topic kinda fast, more of a discussion than help. Just an idea.

foolish
13th March 2004, 11:40 PM
Big No!

We need to have more centralizing, not more separation. #Fedora on freenode is the Fedora users IRC-channel, we all agree on that, its actually one of the few things we all agree on. Lets try to keep it that way.

redhat71
14th March 2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Prometheus
Freenode seems to get off topic kinda fast, more of a discussion than help. Just an idea.

imho, that's what irc is like --> general discussion

maillist and forum are better places for seeking answers

Ug
14th March 2004, 10:02 AM
I tend to just idle in there.

mhelios
14th March 2004, 11:31 AM
Yes, it's a great place to pass freetime; every now and then you'll pick up an interesting item or topic that would be useful. Hey, and I found the hidden game there! :D

Ug
18th March 2004, 01:49 PM
Oh right, and there was me thinking that you spent your entire life trawling through bugzilla.

hriveros
14th July 2008, 08:32 AM
what is the ip of irc for fedora to use xchat

Seve
14th July 2008, 08:36 AM
what is the ip of irc for fedora to use xchat
Hello:
You have dug up a 4 year + year old post ?
If you want to join an IRC, see here http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#IRC

Seve

( Thread Closed )

Demz
14th July 2008, 08:39 AM
may aswell close this thread since its old ..

Gawler Travel Photos on Instagram - Khan Yunis - Pollachi Instagram Photos