PDA

View Full Version : Someone from Latin America (Bolivia) here, who knows the chicken song?

ilja
16th December 2004, 05:35 PM
Hi guys,

I have a non-linux question for you:
A friend of mine were for an exchange last year in Bolivia and there was a song player often. She says it is called the "chicken song".
I never heard it, but she says, that it was very famous last year in Bolivia and there is a chicken that makes noises that builds up the rhytm.

Maybe someone of you can say me its real name and its interpreter.

macemoneta
16th December 2004, 10:18 PM
I think this (http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/afi/chickensong.html) might be it. :)

ilja
17th December 2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks I will ask her :)

sailor
17th December 2004, 05:28 PM
In Texas we have the "Chicken Dance" it is done at weddings and such...no lyrics though.

ilja
17th December 2004, 05:42 PM
What is the chicken dance?
I am not sure whether the chicken song has lyrics at all except of the sounds of a chinken.

sailor
17th December 2004, 11:45 PM
You move in a circle you use your hands to mimic chicken beak, flap your arms and shake your feathers...then dance in circle. The music gets faster and faster usually causing much comedy...:)

Similar to the "Cotton Eyed Joe" which groups dance in lines while yelling "*********" on cue...it requires some fancy footwork also causing many spills and thrills :p

EDIT I found some instructions for the Chicken Dance
# Anyone who's not chicken, stand in a circle facing each other.
# When the music starts, hold your hands out in front of you and open and close them like a chicken beak four times.
# Put your thumbs in your armpits and flap your wings four times.
# Place your arms and hands like the tail feathers of a chicken and wiggle down to the floor four times.
# Clap four times.
# Repeat steps 1-5 four times.
# After the fourth time take the hands of the people on either side of you and everyone move in a circle.
# When you get dizzy, switch directions.
# Repeat until the end of the music or until you fall on the floor.

Chas.H
18th December 2004, 03:14 AM
In Texas we have the "Chicken Dance" it is done at weddings and such...no lyrics though.
Isn't that a polka, sailor?

crackers
18th December 2004, 05:06 AM
Isn't that a polka, sailor?
Only around Waco. Crazy Czechs! Great kolaches, though... ;)

Dog-One
21st December 2004, 05:56 AM
You guys, I was hoping someday ilja would come to the US and visit us--my hopes are now dashed. And it only took a couple of Texans to do it. :)

imdeemvp
21st December 2004, 06:16 AM
There are some many songs in the spanish language that are related to a chicken song! Is the song in plain spanish? and which gender is it? cumbia, merengue, or salsa? It really depends.

ilja
21st December 2004, 03:42 PM
This song has no lyrics, but has only beat that is made by the chicken. I doubt that it is famous outside of bolivia :D

I am hoping to get a job in the USA on the summerholidays! And I used to go to a squaredance club here in the good old Germany, so you can't make me fear only with Polka etc. :D

stodge
21st December 2004, 04:02 PM
And I thought it was just us crazy brits who listened to that damn song!

ilja
21st December 2004, 04:09 PM
And I thought it was just us crazy brits who listened to that damn song!
Who was the Dj, who created it?

imdeemvp
21st December 2004, 08:58 PM
This song has no lyrics, but has only beat that is made by the chicken. I doubt that it is famous outside of bolivia
That's what I thought that it had no lyrics......

Ain Kercha - Frankfurt am Main Photos on Instagram - Karlivka Photos on Instagram