PDA

View Full Version : Having severe trouble with Java on Fedora 17 beta

Jewelfox
26th April 2012, 11:11 PM
First, I'm trying to get Sun Java to run and have installed the RPMs for the JDK and/or JRE several times (PackageKit even shows they're installed). However, su -c "/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java" only ever shows the OpenJDK and some gcj thing.

Second, a Java application I used to be able to run in Fedora 16 with OpenJDK (Minecraft) suddenly stopped working once I upgraded to Fedora 17 via preupgrade. The error log says

[17:37:17] [SEVERE] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tekkit/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so: libjawt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Those files exist, and I don't know why it doesn't understand that.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the application several times.

Can anyone give me a hint as to what to do next.

bob
26th April 2012, 11:13 PM
moved to F17 Development Forum

marko
29th April 2012, 05:27 AM
First, I'm trying to get Sun Java to run and have installed the RPMs for the JDK and/or JRE several times (PackageKit even shows they're installed). However, su -c "/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java" only ever shows the OpenJDK and some gcj thing.

You say you tried running su -c "/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java" but did you remember to run

su -c 'alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/default/bin/java 20000'

first?

See http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f16.html#java
(those are notes for Fedora 16 but should work the same for F17)

Jewelfox
30th April 2012, 10:56 AM
You say you tried running su -c "/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java" but did you remember to run

su -c 'alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/default/bin/java 20000'

first?

See http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f16.html#java
(those are notes for Fedora 16 but should work the same for F17)

Oh hey, I missed that part. >_>;

It works now. Thank you so much!

Magickman
30th April 2012, 09:02 PM
You need to add "Solved" iin your post Title.

Torreon - Allahabad Photos on Instagram - Fukuoka-shi Instagram Photos -