PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] F17 fresh install..with or without updates-testing

Hewjr100
22nd April 2012, 07:11 PM
During the alpha/beta stage of f17 would it be beneficial to install with update-testing enabled or disabled.

Currently I use f17 beta netinst.iso and it defaults to updates-testing enabled. Would I be better-off with updates-testing disabled, as far as stability goes.

Also another thing on my system I am unable to install f16 or f17 with the live image, have not tried the dvd yet. With uefi enabled or disabled I get the following message at bootup, even though the install went without errors:

"Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed."

But for some reason installing with the netinst.iso work perfectly?

Henry

hadrons123
22nd April 2012, 08:24 PM
During the alpha/beta stage of f17 would it be beneficial to install with update-testing enabled or disabled.

Currently I use f17 beta netinst.iso and it defaults to updates-testing enabled. Would I be better-off with updates-testing disabled, as far as stability goes.
How do you expect to get updates, if you have disabled it?

Also another thing on my system I am unable to install f16 or f17 with the live image, have not tried the dvd yet. With uefi enabled or disabled I get the following message at bootup, even though the install went without errors:

"Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed."

But for some reason installing with the netinst.iso work perfectly?

Henry
What media did you use for live image?

Hewjr100
22nd April 2012, 08:41 PM
I use cd's mostly the rw type, but would like to use usb, however getting the dvd image and netinst image is beyond my abilities right now. I can use liveusb-creator for live images but get the same result.

Henry

Arlington Travel Photos - Reichenbach Vogtland Travel Photos on Instagram - Tomar Instagram Photos