PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] gvfs?

chrismurphy
28th February 2012, 08:07 PM
Contents Nothing. Free space Unknown. And I can't save anything into it. What is this?

leigh123linux
28th February 2012, 08:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GVFS

chrismurphy
28th February 2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah I read the wikipedia article first thing. But that doesn't explain why something I did not create and apparently cannot use, appears like a device or folder, in the GUI.

AdamW
29th February 2012, 04:51 AM
if you right-click it and hit Properties do you get any clues? It's not an issue I'm familiar with, I'm not sure what would cause such a bogus entry to show up.

chrismurphy
29th February 2012, 06:25 AM
After a yum update, it's gone. Hmm. Guess I'll have to reinstall and see if mount shows anything interesting. I did right-click properties but did not take a screen shot, I just verbalized the terms in that window.

contents: nothing
free space: unknown

chrismurphy
29th February 2012, 06:57 AM
mount reports:
gvfs-fuse-daemon on /run/user/chris/gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=10 00)

/etc/fstab contains no related entry
/etc/mtab containstwo related entries
gvfs-fuse-daemon /run/user/chris/gvfs fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=100 0 0 0
fusectrl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0

properties screen shot attached.

chrismurphy
29th February 2012, 07:08 AM
Is persistent across reboots (no yum updates, just installed from alpha livecd).

It is also present when booted from the LiveCD.

Plain text file from gedit cannot be directly saved, or drag/dropped into this location. gedit says "Could not find the file /run/user/chris/gvfs/Unsaved Document 1" When saved to the desktop and drag/dropping with nautilus, it complains "Error opening file '/run/user/chris/gvfs/Unsaved Document1': No such file or directory"

leigh123linux
29th February 2012, 09:17 AM
Contents Nothing. Free space Unknown. And I can't save anything into it. What is this?

I didn't look at the screenshot first time round.
I have the same here.

dd_wizard
1st March 2012, 12:12 AM
I have the same thing in F16, well, sort of. The Properties tab for ~/.gvfs look exactly the same as chrismurphy's. His gvfs directory is in /run/user/chris, and my .gvfs directory is in /home/gene... My guess is F17 no longer has ~/.gvfs, instead, it's in /run/user/username. Do you see a ~/.gvfs directory in F17?

dd_wizard

vallimar
1st March 2012, 03:11 PM
This gnome auto-mount has existed for a good while. The only thing new is that they
seem to have changed the location for F17. This is an internal mount that isn't supposed
to display on the desktop. Seems something happened with udisks2/gvfs 1.11 to cause
this to get mixed up.

Problem looks to be tracked in: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=669797

Allahabad - Mananwala - Epe