PDA

View Full Version : How to create bootable Fedora DVD whose image is my present system?

prat22
21st July 2011, 02:54 PM
The next time I install Fedora, I would like to install the updated and customised Fedora I am running now. In other words, I would like to create a bootable and installable media of my current fedora image.

This can help me with fewer updates the next time I install (and I dont have to re-do all the settings, from adding repos to customising dock attributes), and will also be great for distribution purposes to people without a decent internet connection (I know many such).

Propose ideas taking into account that I may not be a computer engineer! ;)

Thanks!

Edit: I am currently running F15.

prat22
22nd July 2011, 08:45 AM
I thought somebody might have a clue!

fpmurphy
24th July 2011, 01:18 AM
Short answer - there is no easy way to do what you want to do.

Having said that, have a look at the following guide: http://www.dnmouse.org/autoten/fedora-guides/42-yum-and-respin-creating/116-system-restore-disk.html

prat22
24th July 2011, 01:05 PM
Looks good. I am looking for F15 options. However, I am ready to wait a little more till dnmouse updates it. Thanks fpmurphy for sharing the link.

bodhi.zazen
7th August 2011, 05:20 AM
The next time I install Fedora, I would like to install the updated and customised Fedora I am running now. In other words, I would like to create a bootable and installable media of my current fedora image.

This can help me with fewer updates the next time I install (and I dont have to re-do all the settings, from adding repos to customising dock attributes), and will also be great for distribution purposes to people without a decent internet connection (I know many such).

Propose ideas taking into account that I may not be a computer engineer! ;)

Thanks!

Edit: I am currently running F15.

Take a look at kickstart.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Installation_Guide/ch-kickstart2.html

Central African Republic Photos on Instagram - Frankfurt am Main Photos on Instagram - Gorakhpur Travel Photos -