PDA

View Full Version : Live Usb and Persistence

Hewjr100
9th July 2011, 11:47 PM
I have created a Fedora 15 live usb using LiLi-Usb with a persistence file of 2048mb, on a 4gb flash drive. What I would like to know is two things, will this allow me to update Fedora 15 on the flash drive?, and later, if I chose to install to the hard drive, will the updates cross over?

Henry

ryptyde
10th July 2011, 12:42 AM
I have created a Fedora 15 live usb using LiLi-Usb with a persistence file of 2048mb, on a 4gb flash drive. What I would like to know is two things, will this allow me to update Fedora 15 on the flash drive?, and later, if I chose to install to the hard drive, will the updates cross over?

Henry
No! I've never had them stick. If the live-usb you created was from the live.iso from May 24 then persistence will not work but if you have created one fom the .ks files recently then persistent will work as it will have updates that fix the problem. :)

phil

Hewjr100
10th July 2011, 12:45 AM
Ok you got me, what are the .ks files, because I just tried to update, and it failed.

Henry

ryptyde
10th July 2011, 01:10 AM
Ok you got me, what are the .ks files, because I just tried to update, and it failed.

Henry

The .ks file are used to create the live.iso's. They are located in /usr/share/spin-kickstarts. There are different .ks files to create different live cd's eg: Gnome, KDE, Xfce etc. If you have livecd-tools installed you can use "livecd-creator" to make your own spin. :)

phil

Hewjr100
10th July 2011, 01:14 AM
Kool, thanks alot will give it a whirl.

Henry

Instagram Europe | America Instagram Photos | Asia Travel Photos on Instagram