PDA

View Full Version : Fedora and Bluetooth Mouse - any experiences?

Witgetsteinsbee
12th March 2011, 12:02 PM
I know that bluetooth can work with fedora okay as dolphin-emu works like a dream with my wiimotes, so I am now considering buying a bluetooth mouse for my mythtv setup. However, looking at the forums, fedora users seem to have some mixed experiences of bluetooth keyboards / mice and I was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice or relate their experiences. I'm particularly interested in the ease of pairing a bluetooth mouse as a default at startup and any hardware that fedora users have got running succesfully. I'm running Fedora 14 x86_64.

Cygn
12th March 2011, 02:15 PM
everything bluetooth related works fine here, including mice/keyboard and even a stereo headset through pulseaudio.

ms1234
12th March 2011, 02:39 PM
everything bluetooth related works fine here, including mice/keyboard and even a stereo headset through pulseaudio.

What brand do you have? I have been thinking of getting rid of my Sennheiser with the long tangling cord which seems to be always in the way :)

Cygn
12th March 2011, 06:16 PM
"VTHREE", a cheapo chinese headset. the sound is fine though.

mtk
15th March 2011, 07:50 PM
i've used logitech bluetooth mice at work without a problem for over five years. basic functionality has always worked. sometimes it can be a bit of a game figuring out how to activate and configure all of the buttons (events it can generate). but basic things have always worked out of the box.

i'm currently using a sennheiser mm100 bluetooth headset with one of those $20 bluetooth USB dongles and, with the help of pulseaudio, it all seems to work. with FC14, running against the updates-testing repo, the bluetooth support doesn't let me persist the fact that the pairing password is the default 0000 (previous versions of blueman did and yes, i'm a KDE user). and the bluetooth manager binds both the headphone service and audio service but incorrectly uses the headset service (vastly reduced sound quality) by default. i have to tweak it manually to get the audio service to be used instead. but after all of that, it just works. i'm assuming these issues will go away over time.

/mark

Debroyston
13th February 2012, 02:58 PM
I am thinking of converting to a Bluetooth mouse but many of those advertised on www.ebay.co.uk only specify M$ OSs. Does this apply to M$ products only or will these work on Fedora F16 as well?

Many thanks in advance.

pindakoe
13th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Logitech Performance MX works ~80% over bluetooth. Some of teh buttons are not working but so far (1 year) can't be bothered to configure these. Basic left/right/middle/back/front all work out of the box.

utidjian
14th February 2012, 10:27 PM
I have an iMac 20" (bought in January 2012 direct from Apple) and the bluetooth "Magic Mouse" and wireless keyboard worked fine on installation. Strange thing was they were more difficult to keep working AFTER installation. Sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't. When they are working the mouse has all the features that Apple has.... that is to say all the "stroking and fondling and squeezing" features work as expected. The virtual "mousewheel" function lacks the momentum feature though. That is to say, give it a fast "stroke" and it doesn't keep "spinning" for a while.

-DU-

Arroyito Photos - Franca Travel Photos - Shakargarr