PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connection not working properly

ejazskp
27th January 2011, 09:53 PM
Hi All,

I have a dual boot (XP Pro and F13) laptop. This laptop has a Ralink RT2501USB Wireless Adapter which works perfectly fine on XP. But when it comes to F13, adapter only works properly when I am physically next to my router. When I move few feet away the strength of the connection drops from 100% to around 40%. But even though 40% should be okay for slow connection to internet, I can't get any internet access at all. I have tried three different routers with same results on each.

When I boot same machine with windows XP, all works fine. I can move to any part of my house and I will still have the connection without any issues.

I can see that RT73 driver is installed if I check in add remove program under system.

I am not an expert but to me its seems that the drivers on F13 for RT2501USB are not as good as on windows????? Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Ejaz

ejazskp
29th January 2011, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know the answer to my question???? or do I have to find another distribution which works better with my hardware????

shess01
29th January 2011, 10:28 PM
Searching is always a great start to resolving a problem.

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24968

Also google searching "Ralink RT2501USB linux" found a few other distributions that had issues with that same hardware.

good luck

Changde - Kyoto - Al Mawsil al Jadidah -