View Full Version : Wireless connection not working properly

27th January 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi All,

I have a dual boot (XP Pro and F13) laptop. This laptop has a Ralink RT2501USB Wireless Adapter which works perfectly fine on XP. But when it comes to F13, adapter only works properly when I am physically next to my router. When I move few feet away the strength of the connection drops from 100% to around 40%. But even though 40% should be okay for slow connection to internet, I can't get any internet access at all. I have tried three different routers with same results on each.

When I boot same machine with windows XP, all works fine. I can move to any part of my house and I will still have the connection without any issues.

I can see that RT73 driver is installed if I check in add remove program under system.

I am not an expert but to me its seems that the drivers on F13 for RT2501USB are not as good as on windows????? Can anyone please help?

29th January 2011, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know the answer to my question???? or do I have to find another distribution which works better with my hardware????

29th January 2011, 11:28 PM
Searching is always a great start to resolving a problem.

Also google searching "Ralink RT2501USB linux" found a few other distributions that had issues with that same hardware.

good luck