PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Find "Force-Quit: in Fedora 14

AbdRahim
12th January 2011, 07:40 AM
Is force-quit in Fedora 14, and if so how do I access it?
Found Xkill

DBelton
12th January 2011, 07:07 PM
there is... One way you can get it is to go to your taskbar at the top of your screen (if running gnome)...

right click on the taskbar and select "add to panel"
in the box that comes up, type "force quit"... The force quit application will show in the list.. select it, and click the "add" button.

If you have a misbehaving application, then you can click the force quit icon in your taskbar, then click on the window of the application you want to kill.

pete_1967
12th January 2011, 07:24 PM
Doesn't just closing the misbehaving application using the "close" button in the window frame invoke the "Force quit" dialogue in GNOME?

DBelton
12th January 2011, 07:57 PM
I believe closing it using the close "X" button invokes the regular close, and after awhile if it doesn't close normally, it invokes the force-quit and pops up with the option to either wait or force-quit. I guess if you know that you are going to have to force-quit something, then it would be a little faster if you invoked force-quit instead of waiting for the regular close to time-out.

Personally, I wouldn't use force-quit unless I just absolutely had to.

AbdRahim
14th January 2011, 06:56 AM
Thanks. I am using Xfce so that doesn't work. I found "kill" ,however. I had a bad acting program and was tired of waiting.

Domkirkeodden, Hamar Photos on Instagram - Hotel Globo Travel Photos - La Maison Restaurant Photos on Instagram