2nd January 2011, 02:26 AM
I cannot get past step three
su
b43-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware wl_apsta_mimo.o
Why not?

stoat
2nd January 2011, 02:35 PM
Hello vincent46,

And welcome to this place. I moved your post from that HOWTO to your own new thread. Those HOWTOs are not for asking support questions. Otherwise they become very very long and filled with posts that nobody reads. Eventually, many people (me, anyway) stop bothering to look at new posts tacked on the end. You're better off here.

I cannot get past step three
su
b43-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware wl_apsta_mimo.o
Why not? I have no idea. Sorry. Try explaining in a little more detail. First for example, I recommend mentioning for the record the Broadcom chipset you're working with. Next, briefly outline the preceeding steps you did leading up the place where things stop happening. Then describe what happened when you tried that step.

It might also help to confirm that the firmware was installed (or not).ls /lib/firmware/b43That should list about three dozen .fw files if the firmware was installed successfully. If the firmware files are there, and if the chipset is one that can use b43 or b43legacy, and if you chose a firmware version appropriate for the chipset, then try rebooting or restart NetworkManager and look for available networks.