PDA

View Full Version : Testing F-14.. found tiny glitches...

LittleOne
26th October 2010, 02:00 PM
After install, while I was customizing desktop I clicked screensaver to pix folder, and clicked-off lock screen, and closed window, is when a crash pop-up showed...

While I was deleting icons in the top tool-panel, a few icons needed be unlocked before "remove from panel" lit...

In Home fille, I can't resize icons...

In Home file, drag bar to minimize side panel stops itself...

After visiting Yahoo Email and Fedora Forum, "X" won't close Firefox....

hellork
27th October 2010, 03:20 AM
What is Home file? Do you mean browsing /home/[user name] in Nautilus? You can't resize those because, well technically they aren't .desktop file icons. They are iconic representations of actual files and folders. You can zoom in and out with CTRL[+] and CTRL[-] or CTRL[mouse wheel]. Or change views with CTRL[1], CTRL[2], or CTRL[3].

The side panel is supposed to stop. To get rid of it, hit the X or press F9. Press F9 to get it back.

LittleOne
27th October 2010, 05:41 AM
Another glitch: Go to help, and click on add/remove...

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM GMT ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM GMT ----------

What is Home file? Do you mean browsing /home/[user name] in Nautilus? You can't resize those because, well technically they aren't .desktop file icons. They are iconic representations of actual files and folders. You can zoom in and out with CTRL[+] and CTRL[-] or CTRL[mouse wheel]. Or change views with CTRL[1], CTRL[2], or CTRL[3].

The side panel is supposed to stop. To get rid of it, hit the X or press F9. Press F9 to get it back.

In Fedora-13 right click the desktop.. choose "create folder".. that's a "home file", or"folder".. Right click an icon in that file, then left click "edit", and scroll down to "stretch icon"... place the cursor on any one of the four little boxes on the corners of that icon, and change the icon's size...

Now try it with Fedora-14...

In Fedora-13 home folder, grab the separator between the sidebar and the file browser box, and pull it to the left to leave only the icons showing...

Now try it with Fedora-14...

LittleOne
30th October 2010, 03:22 PM
In Fedora-14 Add/Remove programs, "macchanger description starts with "An utility"... Should be "A utility"...

Run "Fontmatrix" on "STIXGeneral [4]" font, to see there are a few errors in a pink box.. Re message: "This page contains the following errors"...

hellork
31st October 2010, 07:01 AM
When you are using scalable icon themes the folders and icons on the desktop resize just fine. It's only some of the themes and installers that use bitmap icons where there are limitations in the size that the icon can be scaled.

AdamW
1st November 2010, 08:23 PM
thanks for testing, but reporting small issues like this to the forum is unlikely to result in them being fixed. Most packagers and developers do not read the forums. It would be better to report these to the appropriate package at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ . Thanks again.

LittleOne
2nd November 2010, 02:33 AM
OK dude.. I'll try again to get into bugzilla with these tiny bugs..

like this one in add/Remove softwares:

"Quick launch and search
gnome-do0.8.3.1-2fc14 (i686)"

In description; "Do not only allows you to search for items in your desktop environment", should be "Does not only allow..."

Siedlce Travel Photos on Instagram - Conisbrough Photos - Johnstone Travel Photos