well i got a prolem while installing fedoracore 3 test 2
one thing i want to mention i m doing hard disk installation
and all four ISO are fine becouse i check md5sum for all four of them
they are right
i selcted coustom installation
and trying to do full(everything) installation
and i got error during installation
that is saying like
Error installing "any package" and that the error was due to bad media, lack of disk space, or a hardware problem
this happend twice nd at two diffirent packeg
i want to know is there nay way to skip this message and continue with install procedure
of is there any other way to redownload that perticular package and past it in ISO file
i need urgent help....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
any way to get through this problem will be appreciated
have a nice day
bye

superbnerd
19th October 2004, 07:21 AM
I don't know if you problem is related to you using the cd isos to do a hard disk installation, but you are supposed to use the dvd iso. Them mount it as a loopback deveice and copy the contents to a partition that won't get formated by the install.

Has anyone done a succesfull hard disk installation from the four cd isos?

imdeemvp
19th October 2004, 09:35 AM
i got that error once and what i did may sound very odd to you but i ejected the installation cd just to see what would happen, well to my suprise installation stopped (didnt crash) and re-inserted cd again and it worked and everything was install

check to see how hot your cd-rom is?

superbnerd
19th October 2004, 09:40 AM
one thing i want to mention i m doing hard disk installation It couldn't be a cd problem.

netmonkey
19th October 2004, 05:03 PM
well friends
i can install fc3t2 but the problem is how to skip a package during installation any specific which is ruining my whole enjoyment command or way do do that ...?

Faroe Islands Travel Photos on Instagram - Fukuchiyama - Johnstone