PDA

View Full Version : problems installing Fedora Core 3 with HP Proliant ML330 ATA

neavilag
16th October 2004, 06:07 PM
Hi all, I was trying to install FC3 with this server
is a proliant ML 330 G3 ATA with a raid array controller.

It start installing but after selecting installation, language and keyborad tellme that there is a problem with the harddrive and to check hdw.

I have tried the following:
Reset all raid in bios
Set os to linux in bios
try selection the driver in installation.. to use the compaq array driver and megaraid
got from hp site a driver, made a floppy image, but when telling on start linux dd after looking for the floppy says it cannot mount fd0.

What can I do, could some one help me..

Thanks

Norman :confused:

flea
17th October 2004, 03:40 AM
turn off raid in the bios and see if the drives are still detected then just use software raid within fedora

neavilag
18th October 2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks Flea, but, all HP documentation tells me to install with a driver for the ATA raid card, using linux dd, but there are only instructuions for RH9 and RH8

tell me to boot from a diskette made from an image, but in FC3 cd1 there are no images for a floppy, where can I get those.. ?

Thanks

Norman

flea
19th October 2004, 02:54 AM
hp should have the disk driver image file then use the dd=driver.img of=/dev/fd0 and boot from that

neavilag
19th October 2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks Flea, I am new in customized linux installations, you mean once fc3 has booted type
linux dd=driver.img of=/dev/fd0

or how to boot? I already have make a floppy from the driver image from HP, but one the FC3 cd1 boots I tell it to linux dd
ask to the floppy but says it cannot mount.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Satsumasendai Travel Photos on Instagram - Uster Travel Photos - Bad Harzburg