PDA

View Full Version : KDE Spin: removing package

jepong
8th July 2010, 09:45 AM
I'm a noob with fedora but i know how to use yum on konsole already...

just wondering how can I remove JuK without removing Kmix as well? For me to remove JuK i need to remove kdemultimedia which also included Kmix... any idea how can you help me?

CSchwangler
8th July 2010, 10:31 AM
Yum handles the dependencies for you, so given that yum tells you that it has to remove kdemultimedia and Kmix, you can't get by this. Technically, there are certainly possibilities to remove JuK without the other dependencies, but that would potentially screw your system.
May I ask you why you are so desperately seeking a possibility to remove JuK?

Skull One
8th July 2010, 10:38 AM
Since Juk is included in kdemultimedia package, the only way to remove it is to remove kdemultimedia, which is of course not an option :(

jepong
8th July 2010, 11:12 AM
Yum handles the dependencies for you, so given that yum tells you that it has to remove kdemultimedia and Kmix, you can't get by this. Technically, there are certainly possibilities to remove JuK without the other dependencies, but that would potentially screw your system.
May I ask you why you are so desperately seeking a possibility to remove JuK?

simply because i don't like JuK and prefer Amarok...

CSchwangler
8th July 2010, 11:15 AM
But thats not a reason for removing it. You can have both installed. I would guess that JuK doesn't take that much space on your hard disk to make this impossible.

jepong
8th July 2010, 11:18 AM
yeah... but i don't keep unused software. I want my laptop to be that way.

Wokingham Instagram Photos - Idar-Oberstein - Severo-Zadonsk