PDA

View Full Version : Some of you guys need to be faster on your feet to do f13.

SlowJet
26th February 2010, 01:14 AM
f13 has no updates, only updates-testing. The updates repo will occur when the branch is released.

f13 alpha has been delayed a week, which will cause a delay in updates for alpha branched.

The delay it to validate some fixes.
alpha-rc3 will some be rc4. Wait for it.

Many install level items are broke, i686 being the least broke.

Don't mix your issues, symptoms can be mysterious and misleading.

g/l

SJ

jvillain
26th February 2010, 02:16 AM
That or else communication could be better. I've been a sysadmin, systems architect, cvs admin and programmer. Yet even I was having a hard time parsing the info coming out. Or not coming out. If I was having trouble I can't imagine what people with less experience were thinking.

SlowJet
26th February 2010, 02:57 AM
"If you take time to think up there, your dead."

top-gun

SJ

Demz
26th February 2010, 03:17 AM
That or else communication could be better. I've been a sysadmin, systems architect, cvs admin and programmer. Yet even I was having a hard time parsing the info coming out. Or not coming out. If I was having trouble I can't imagine what people with less experience were thinking.

the information does come out quickly, i suggest you join the test-list. link in my sig to join it

hephasteus
26th February 2010, 04:44 AM
Massive recent anaconda changes along with massive video changes. The two biggest show stoppers on the block in one release.
If this won't stop them what can. Tis the perfect storm.
If this doesn't stop them. All will say. Who is able to make war with the koji. Their medicine is strong. :p

Demz
26th February 2010, 06:41 AM
http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/13-Alpha.RC4/Fedora/i386/iso/

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM CST ----------

http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/13-Alpha.RC4/Fedora/x86_64/iso/

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM CST ----------

RC4 iso's ..........................

ryptyde
3rd March 2010, 10:09 PM
Noticed today that my F13 install that was using fedora.updates-testing.repo was having update issues until I enabled the F13 "fedora.repo" and everything updated fine. Now wondering if I should disable the "fedora.updates-testing.repo" now that the fedora.repo is working.

By the way the F13 install is running on a Acer Aspire One that has a 120GB hdd and dual boot with XP.

dwflo
11th March 2010, 09:01 AM
Have installed F13 into VMware7 and able to install VMware Tools, all is good. Was able to perform updates, without changing the default repository.

Dave

jff
11th March 2010, 11:50 AM
f13 has no updates, only updates-testing. The updates repo will occur when the branch is released.
f13 alpha has been delayed a week, which will cause a delay in updates for alpha branched.

When this branch is released i.e. updates repo will be enabled?

AdamW
16th March 2010, 07:52 PM
ryptyde: f13 changes go to updates-testing before they go to dist-f13. critical path changes need approval from trusted testers (currently Red Hat Fedora QA / rel-eng staff, we're working on a policy for adding QA group members to the trusted tester group though) before being pushed to dist-f13.

So if you run dist-f13 you get changes slower but you have a chance of dodging really broken changes.

Xingtai Photos - Meknes Travel Photos - Pyongyang Travel Photos -