PDA

View Full Version : PHP5 Install Problems - libphp5.so not created

flumpydog
12th October 2004, 05:36 AM
I am having no luck in trying to install Apache 2.0.52 + MySQL 4.0.21 + PHP 5.0.2 on an AMD64 with FC2? I have no problems installing Apache + MySQL, it is PHP5 that is causing me grief.

I have successfully installed all the above on a PIII box that has all the same software (not 64 bit) without any problems.

When I run configure and make there is no problems. When I run 'make install' , this is when I always get an error.

The files libphp5.a and libphp5.lai are created, but it is not creating the file libphp5.so anywhere on the system. I am running just a simple configure command to try and troubleshoot this with no luck:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php5 --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

Error Message:
[root@arrow php-5.0.2]# make install
Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler
/usr/local/apache2/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool' libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2/modules
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
cp .libs/libphp5.lai /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la
cp .libs/libphp5.a /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
ranlib /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.a
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /home/flumpy/temp/php-5.0.2/libs'
Warning! dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la.
Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
chmod 755 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so': No such file or directory
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

Thanks in advance for any help!

gablaxian
12th October 2004, 10:04 AM
i installed apache and php using the method recommended by the php documentation:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php

give that a go, see if it helps.

flumpydog
12th October 2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this does not help me :(
I am able to install it perfectly fine on other boxes, just not the AMD64 platform. Not sure if this is a problem with PHP itself or something with the FC2 code.
Best Wishes!

IceNine
28th October 2004, 01:10 AM
Make sure you have httpd-devel!!! This has apxs - which is required to create the module. Simply use Yum:

yum install httpd-devel

marks_linux
28th October 2004, 09:38 PM
I had some strangew install prob, can't remember if exactly the same issue. but had to use

make clean
make
make install

if I remember corectly as a pre-install of an earlier version (from the FC2 DVD) was causing an install issue

Not sure if it helps - but worth a try

Mark

Soulhunter
2nd November 2004, 03:31 PM
Make sure you have httpd-devel!!! This has apxs - which is required to create the module. Simply use Yum:

yum install httpd-devel

Tried this, however, apxs weren't there or I did something wrong

mildchaos
6th December 2004, 10:18 AM
Same problem on a different dist.
The make failed to create libphp5.so becuase the libintl.so and libxml2.so files did not exists in /usr/lib/.
These files did exist in /usr/lib64/ so I created links, problem solved.

RonniB
22nd December 2004, 06:51 PM
Chaos, How did you ever determine those library files were needed in order to correctly install the shared PHP5? Your suggestion worked like a charm after going through all the steps over and over and over again! I was hoping you could enlighten me so that I will be smarter in the future on all config and install softwares!

Thanks!
RonniB

mildchaos
3rd January 2005, 11:32 AM
RonniB, Capture the output from the make so you can review it:
make 2> output

Review the output for errors (ie: file not found)
For a 'file not found' error, do a locate for the file. In this case it was just not in the right place.
Sometimes I find that libs are not found becuase they were not built with a dependent program (ie: --enable-shared or whatever the configure requires)

divi
17th January 2005, 06:32 AM
I'm the same Problem
libphp5.so is what RPM package in
ANd

make 2> output is

/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/ext/exif/exif.c: In function `exif_iif_add_value':
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/ext/exif/exif.c:1558: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/ext/sqlite/libsqlite/src/func.c: In function `minmaxFunc':
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/ext/sqlite/libsqlite/src/func.c:38: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/ext/sqlite/libsqlite/src/func.c: In function `minmaxStep':
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/ext/sqlite/libsqlite/src/func.c:525: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/main/php_sprintf.c: In function `php_sprintf':
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/main/php_sprintf.c:40: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/Zend/zend_compile.c: In function `build_runtime_defined_function_key':
/root/x86_64/php-5.0.3/Zend/zend_compile.c:71: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

Can you Help me?

munkee
6th December 2006, 06:36 PM
I was able to work to this problem by removing all traces of previous php installs from the system and starting with a fresh copy from the tar file I downloaded.

mverb
13th December 2007, 12:32 PM
I got the same problem and finally found the solution on several forums.

When compiling you are receiving the message that the libphp5.so is not found, you must configure with the following option:

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

You'll see immediately when compiling with "make install" that the library will be created.

Thanks everybody on all forums :)

Simpang Empat - Ob Instagram Photos - Dishna