PDA

View Full Version : gnome-do-0.8.2-4.fc12.x86_64 broken

nt4cats
10th November 2009, 02:59 PM
After installing the app it didn't launch with the 'Docky' interface (I assume the package reverts to a 'default' configuration). I launched gnome-do with the <Super>+<Space> key combination, and then click on the triangle on the top-right corner to drop down the menu bar. When I click on "preferences", I get the following dump:
Marshaling activate signal
Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException to handle the exception.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> GLib.MissingIntPtrCtorException: GLib.Object subclass Do.Interface.ClassicWindow must provide a protected or public IntPtr ctor to support wrapping of native object handles.
at GLib.ObjectManager.CreateObject (IntPtr raw) [0x00000]
at GLib.Object.GetObject (IntPtr o, Boolean owned_ref) [0x00000]
at GLib.Object.GetObject (IntPtr o) [0x00000]
at Gtk.Grab.get_Current () [0x00000]
at Do.Core.Controller.ShowPreferences () [0x00000]
at Do.Universe.PreferencesItem.Run () [0x00000]
at Do.UI.MainMenu+<MenuItemFromRunnableItem>c__AnonStorey12.<>m__2A (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000]
at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB (System.Object o, GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00000]
at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke (GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00000]
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback (IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data) [0x00000]
at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(Syst em.Exception e, Boolean is_terminal)
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback(IntPtr raw_closure, IntPtr return_val, UInt32 n_param_vals, IntPtr param_values, IntPtr invocation_hint, IntPtr marshal_data)
at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
at Gtk.Application.Run()
at Do.Do.Main(System.String[] args)

Note: I am not sure if the 1st line included ('Marshalling ...") was present prior to clicking on the 'preferences' menu option or not.

Rolling back to the older package (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=138341) (click on the link to download the older package for yourself if you need it) fixed the issue. Here is how I rolled back: sudo rpm -Uvih --oldpackage gnome-do-0.8.2-3.fc12.x86_64.rpm

AdamW
10th November 2009, 06:01 PM
file a bug against gnome-do, then. thanks!

nt4cats
10th November 2009, 06:38 PM
I would file a bug, but I'm not sure how to do so. Let me see if the Google can help me figure this out ...

Bump: I would file a bug, but I'm not sure how to do so. Let me see if the Google can help me figure this out ...

Okay, the FedoraProject Wiki gives pretty clear instructions on how to file a bug. The bug has been filed (Bug 534160).

Bump: :mad: Okay, I officially hate Apple now. From the notes on the BugZilla bug referenced above:

Docky will be removed in future versions of gnome-do due to patent violations
(US Patent 7434177).

Bolivia Photos - Japan Instagram Photos - Visakhapatnam -