PDA

View Full Version : Gnome window prefs mising or removed?

hiberphoptik
28th October 2009, 07:19 PM
Have the preferences for the gnome window settings been removed? if not what do I need to install to get them back? I would like to set double click in title bar to roll up the window and turn off the icons in the menu but can't find any of those settings in F12 beta fully updated...

EDIT: nvm I stumbled upon the answer already.. for anyone else looking just install control-center-extras

Boricua
28th October 2009, 07:39 PM
Have the preferences for the gnome window settings been removed? if not what do I need to install to get them back? I would like to set double click in title bar to roll up the window and turn off the icons in the menu but can't find any of those settings in F12 beta fully updated...

EDIT: nvm I stumbled upon the answer already.. for anyone else looking just install control-center-extras

Thanks hiberphoptik. I had exactly the same question :).

hiberphoptik
28th October 2009, 07:46 PM
The one thing I have still not been able to find out is how to disable the menu icons, funny thing is they are supposed to be disabled in gnome 2.28 by default, however they are showing up in F12... even with the gconf switches for display menu icons being set to false

*scratches head*

AdamW
28th October 2009, 10:56 PM
yeah, I have that too - icons in app menus are disabled as intended, but the Foot menu always has icons. I prefer to disable icons in menus. It's a bit annoying...oh well.

EricStadtherr
2nd November 2009, 07:15 PM
hiberphoptik - I couldn't find that package:

~% yum search control-center-extras
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
Warning: No matches found for: control-center-extras
No Matches found

Is it called something different?

EricStadtherr
2nd November 2009, 07:17 PM
never mind - it's called "control-center-extra" and not "control-center-extras"