PDA

View Full Version : Linux washing machine design by my wife

my_key
26th October 2009, 03:15 PM
Hey guys an girls,

My lovely wife, who has been using linux for over a year has decided that we need a new washing machine. She entered the contest of a Belgian magazine so we can win one. To my great surprise she had made a linux design to enter the contest with.

Vote for Cheyenne's design and she might win her lovely linux washing machine! Click on the link below then on STEM (=VOTE), put in your mail address, you'll then get a mail and you have to click on the link to confirm your vote! You don't have to be afraid that you will get spam afterwards, because Belgian law prohibits this. You have to give explicit permission before they can send you commercial email (we have an opt-in policy as opposed to the USA's opt-out policy).

We just got married and can really use it, besides, how cool is it to have a linux washing machine... (and if we don't win at least we've got linux on the front of a mayor Belgian website for a month. I was kind of surprise how many of our friends, who are obviously obliged to vote, asked me about that linux thing... I'll be handing out lots of cdr's in the next weeks).

Check it out, i'll bet you'll find it cute: (if you do not speak dutch nor french, we've detailed the voting procedure in English here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1297857 )

http://www.washinstyle.be/index.html?did=150

Thanks a bunch :)

Dan
26th October 2009, 03:29 PM
Ok. I'll let this one stand for now, as long as it doesn't turn commercial. If it does, it shall face a spammer's fortunes. <..:eek:..>

<..:p..>

my_key
26th October 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks Dan. Oh and we've no commercial intrest of any kind in any company. It just started out as a geeky joke by my wife as a surprise for me, which thanks to other linux geeks was a bit more successful than we'd imagined. We just feel very strongly about our favourite operating system (kernel). I just thought there might be more like us out there. And off course I wouldn't mind winning it :)

adrianx
26th October 2009, 07:52 PM
Ek het gestem vir jou vrou se ontwerp. Ek wens julle voorspoed toe met die kompetisie!

(B.T.W. this is Afrikaans, but I think you should be able to understand most of it.)

my_key
26th October 2009, 09:40 PM
Hehe. I do understand all of it. Thanks for the vote and your support ;)

Ciudad Guayana Photos on Instagram - Macedonia - Yingkou Instagram Photos -