PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fedora 11

NETSTUDENT
6th September 2009, 05:37 AM
:confused:I have a couple of questions regarding Fedora 11. First one being that I installed the Fedora 11 operating system on Virtual Box, and it runs a little slow, which is ok, but I have trouble installing software. Linux calls software ”packages”, I can add “packages”, but I can never install them. After reading the user guide documents, I find out that the Live disk of Fedora 11 that I’m running doesn’t allow anyone to install software. Also, I have tried logging in as the root and super user, and I still can’t install the programs. I have tried finding other editions of Fedora 11,but I think you have to pay for those. Are there any Linux experts out there, that can help? Currently I’m running Fedora-11-i686 Live.ISO on my Sun Virtual Box, any help would be greatly appreciated.

ozjd
6th September 2009, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the Forums. I would suggest that you don't use generic Titles for your thread, a more specific one is more likely to get responses.

As I understand it if you install Fedora you can install updates and additional packages but running from the iso you can't. If that is wrong I hope someone else will correct me.

You can download the full DVD version if you prefer but it needs to be installed to run, it isn't a live version. There is no version of Fedora you have to pay for however it is possible to purchase a disk with Fedora on it. You are paying for the disk and service not the system. See the Getting Fedora pages at http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora for more info.

Turtel
6th September 2009, 12:35 PM
i have installed fedora 11 using gnome
This cd writer does not write at slower speed can anybody tell me what is to be corrected.
Secondly the command rpm -ql basero does not show any thing on fedora 11 ??????

Barcelona - Muzaffarabad - Santiago de Cuba -