PDA

View Full Version : some yum errors after update to fc11

happybasten
19th April 2009, 09:45 AM
Today I use yum to update system.
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmfusion-nonfree
so I delete rpmfusion-nonfree
It works well, but another error occured.
(1/21): leonidas-backgrounds-kdm-10.93.1-1.fc11.noarch.r | 4.6 MB 04:38
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Fedora/development/x86_64/os/Packages/leonidas-backgrounds-kdm-10.93.1-1.fc11.noarch.rpm: (-1, u'Package does not match intended download.')

How can I use yum to download it?
Thanks

PS:
my system always auto lock screen when it is in use...
why??

Demz
19th April 2009, 11:26 AM
why did you delete rpmfusion-nonfree? did you try yum clean all then yum update?

happybasten
19th April 2009, 12:47 PM
i tried
but it doesn't work

scottro
19th April 2009, 01:22 PM
Known issue, should be fixed soon.

Basically, go into the various repos. You'll see a line beginning baseurl or something like that, which is commented out (by putting a # in front of it..

Either copy the file to something like <whichever>.repo.orig, or just edit the original file.

Remove that # sign from the baseurl line and put a # in front of the mirrorlist line below it. (You only need to get the first group of urls, not the ones with source or debug.

Then, once again run yum clean all, then run yum update and you should be good.

happybasten
19th April 2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks
"Package does not match intended download"
what can I do?

scottro
19th April 2009, 02:55 PM
This is after following the above suggestions? That is, commenting out the mirror list and uncommenting the baseurl?

Did you also run yum clean all after doing that?

Theodor009
19th April 2009, 04:13 PM
I ma still seeing the error even after apply 'fix' mentioned above and 'yum clean all'. while the machine does update, it tries about 12-15 repos before it downloads the package. So after 2gigs of downloads for 300mb of updates I think I wait till someone figures this out before trying that again. No one minding the store on the weekends.

happybasten
19th April 2009, 04:30 PM
Thank you scottro.

Troy Photos - Bartley Green - Whitstable Photos on Instagram