PDA

View Full Version : A request for fedora 11

infernoo
6th April 2009, 08:55 PM
I m new here and fedora really made me happy when i installed it. I think its better than Ubuntu and faster.
I d like to know if there is a site where the community puts requests like ubuntu does.
The thing that really didnt like, if anyone can help:
In add/remove when you select "Packages" from the list left, there are a lot of languages already installed that are useless to me. Why this happens? I want just english installed. I i need another language i will select and install myself. Is it logical?
Thats the request i want to submit.

pete_1967
6th April 2009, 10:57 PM
You have an option to customise the installation and select language(s) you want.

And don't forget, English is not the only language on this planet. Some want Hindi only to be installed by default, others Chinese, Hebrew, Finnish, German...

And even if they got installed, it's as easy to remove them as it is to install additional ones.

infernoo
6th April 2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. I know i can remove them but it feels like eg i choose gnome and installs also kde. I dont say anything about languages. My native language is not english either. I m just saying since you select in the beginning the installer and keyboard language the rest are not needed. If you need three four or all the languages be my guest install them but most of us need one or two.

Demz
7th April 2009, 12:31 AM
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate go an tell them there, not here, the Developers dont monitor the forums an never have, you might get a few Devs come in here from time to time but thats all

mcmackin
7th April 2009, 01:08 AM
Infernoo,

The only reason it installed KDE is because you must've installed an application that required it. The default install does not include KDE.

infernoo
7th April 2009, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the link.
That about kde was a parallel example of what is happening with the language packages. It doesnt really happen.

Chaibasa Instagram Photos - Monroe - Inglewood Travel Photos on Instagram