PDA

View Full Version : usb to ps2 to kvm

glennzo
29th March 2009, 12:18 AM
How's that for a combination? Wife's boss is trying to use a USB keyboard with a USB to PS/2 adapter plugged into a KVM switch and the keyboard does not work. The keyboard is fine and works if plugged directly into the computer. I suspect that this combination will just plain not work so I'm about to tell him to just go buy a USB KVM switch (assuming that they exist), but I thought I'd run it by the gurus here at Fedora Forum. Any thoughts or confirmations?

ryptyde
29th March 2009, 03:01 AM
I can confirm that there is such a thing as a usb kvm switch as I have 2 IOGEAR brand. I have used a ps/2 to usb pigtail for a keyboard and mouse a couple of times but now use a wireless keyboard and mouse with the wireless usb receiver hooked to the kvm switch.

I was at a local Walmart here and saw IOGEAR USB kvm switch on clearance for $20 I recall paying $44 for mine about 2 years ago, man I hate it when that happens. :)

glennzo
29th March 2009, 03:08 AM
Nice! Thanks Ryptyde. I'll pass this on to boss man. There were plenty of them available from various sources / Google.

Maria Cristina Falls Photos - Do Immigration - Playa Arenal - Bol Travel Photos - Plage Malabata, Tanger Instagram Photos