PDA

View Full Version : new user: exs

exs
8th September 2004, 02:20 PM
hi, I introduce me to you. iam new at this board. iam here to improve my english and talk with you about fedora relatated things. i come from fedoraforum.de is like this board, only in german. btw, i write tuts for fedora in german and public the most at german.fedoranews.org i hope i learn a lot from here and improve my english :D it doesent exist any reason to not correct me, if i write something wrong on englisch. also, happening posting....

imdeemvp
8th September 2004, 08:13 PM
welcome to the forum....dont worry about your english...just imagine how those guys in india doing tech support for dell and they still manage....

for more info in the future this will be handy, www.fedorafaq.org

foolish
8th September 2004, 10:47 PM
Don't worry about the english part. I would recommend to use a spell checking tool like stardict ( http://stardict.sf.net ). There's rpms available from the site, install a english-german, german-english, jargon and an english-english dictionary for best results. All available as easy to install rpms.

It will allow you to highlight words and check if they're spelled correctly. Attached screenshot of me spellchecking this post using stardict, not the green icon in my tray, that's the stardict icon.

It's mighty handy, you press a control-key, it can be ctrl, alt, shift or the windows key and you highlight a word, the spell checking box pops up automatically.

carlwill
9th September 2004, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forums! ;)

sailor
9th September 2004, 10:58 PM
the more the merrier....welcome..:p

Boyolangu - Avare Instagram Photos - Asha Travel Photos on Instagram