PDA

View Full Version : Intel Graphic Drivers

RedhaT_BoY69
10th March 2009, 02:11 AM
Hello.
I'm having problem with intel graphic drivers. my laptop is Lenovo R61i. i try to find any drivers for him but i couldn't find.

I need to install that i can install world of warcraft.

can someone tell me how can i fix this with intel drivers

thank u.

Hlingler
10th March 2009, 02:24 AM
The best Linux video drivers for Intel graphics chipsets are included with Fedora: you already have them. If performance is not adequate, perhaps there is a problem with your setup? Please post:
> output of command: glxinfo|grep render
> contents of file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if exists)
> upload to pastebin.com and post link here, file: /var/log/Xorg.0.log

V

RedhaT_BoY69
10th March 2009, 02:38 AM
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965GM GEM 20080716 x86/MMX/SSE2

/etc/X11/xorg.conf don't exists

AdamW
10th March 2009, 08:55 PM
So, what's the problem you're having exactly?

RedhaT_BoY69
13th March 2009, 06:34 PM
so my problem is. i install World of Warcraft, and everything is great, i have sound, i also can see the movie ( you know the beginning of Wow) so when it comes to choose the realms the black screen it blocked, it don't display any error. i think it's problem with openGL. i don't know really what's what to do.

thank you.

spot221
15th March 2009, 04:30 AM
Hi,

can you enter the following in a terminal (command line):
$glxinfo | grep rendering
should return
If it does not return the above the graphics driver is not installed correctly.

rpstitz
15th March 2009, 05:10 AM
You have the same graphics that I do on my Sony VAIO (Intel 965GM) and I have the same problem. You will most likely not solve your problem. I do, however, run WoW on my desktop computer under Fedora 10 and Wine, and it runs flawlessly (here's my screen shot (http://linux.stitzweb.com/cube.png)). Some things just were not meant to be, and the limited graphics abilities of most laptops makes running extremely graphic-intensive programs with emulation (I know Wine is not an emulator, blah blah blah) a near impossibility. After looking at your desktop PC specs, I know that you can do what you want with it. I dual-boot my laptop both F10 and Vista Premium for the single reason of playing WoW.

RedhaT_BoY69
15th March 2009, 07:57 PM
Hi,

can you enter the following in a terminal (command line):
$glxinfo | grep rendering
should return
If it does not return the above the graphics driver is not installed correctly.

yes my graphics seems to be installed

RedhaT_BoY69
15th March 2009, 08:01 PM
You have the same graphics that I do on my Sony VAIO (Intel 965GM) and I have the same problem. You will most likely not solve your problem. I do, however, run WoW on my desktop computer under Fedora 10 and Wine, and it runs flawlessly (here's my screen shot (http://linux.stitzweb.com/cube.png)). Some things just were not meant to be, and the limited graphics abilities of most laptops makes running extremely graphic-intensive programs with emulation (I know Wine is not an emulator, blah blah blah) a near impossibility. After looking at your desktop PC specs, I know that you can do what you want with it. I dual-boot my laptop both F10 and Vista Premium for the single reason of playing WoW.

yes thats it. so did u fix how to play wow at ur vaio laptop.

i don't like dual-boot to have with windows, it suckx. it would be great if i fix to play wow from my laptop, because i travel a lot and i need it to relax :D.

thank u anyway :)