PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Tecra 8200

lightismagic
27th August 2004, 11:00 PM
Hi guys,
just want to know, has anyone tried Fedora Core 2 on a Toshiba Tecra 8200? I've tried to use Redhat 9 month ago but I had a lot of troubles with Select bays (floppy and dvd drives)...

kind regards

chiewtk
19th December 2004, 12:13 PM
Hi everybody, I tried to install FC3 on my Tecra 8200 (no dual boot, clean install).
The installation process went through quite smoothly.
But when I tried to reboot the system after the installation, the system just hangs at the phase where the hardware is tested. Incidentally, it consistently hangs at testing the audio hardware, which is an on-board Yamaha chipset.
How can I bypass the hardware test so I can reach the shell where I can do some diagnostics?

r3cgm
11th January 2005, 06:10 AM
I'm in the exact same situation. Installed FC3 on this Tecra 8200 tonight, and the system hangs at boot, apparently when probing audio. I tried using the recovery CD, commenting out all audio-related options in /etc/modules.conf, but no go.

r3cgm
25th January 2005, 05:56 PM
Temporary workaround... disabling audio. This will at least allow you to boot FC3. I'm still working on figuring out how to get the soundcard detected and working.

First, boot with the FC3 rescue CD. Then bring up /etc/rc.sysinit (i.e. /mnt/sysroot/etc/rc.sysinit) and comment out the block that reads:

# Sound
# for module in `/sbin/modprobe -c | awk '/^alias[[:space:]]+snd-card-[[:digit:]]+[[:space:]]/ { print $3 }'` $audio; do
# load_module $module
# done
#
# echo -n $" audio"

Save. Reboot. Prosper. Enjoy the silent life. :|

Ulaanbaatar Instagram Photos - Rwanda - Bagcilar Photos on Instagram -