PDA

View Full Version : Configure a pcmcia wireless adapter

jazz
1st February 2009, 05:36 PM
hello everyone:

A very new beginner in Fedora OS.

If i am breaking the rules of the forum, please forgive me. Don't intend to.

i had just moved from Ubuntu to Fedora and i am having some problems with my pcmcia wireless adapter.

i really don't understand why it doesn't get my connection. For the moment i am working with the cable RJ-45 connection. but i don't intend to work near the router but anywhere in my house and elsewhere.

At my home , I have a cable modem and a router.

I allways configured my pcmcia on other OS using the WEP key and that's it... i really noticed that something is diferent on the Knetwork Manager.

Can anyone help me ??

Thanks in advance

FEDORA 10
Asus L3800 - 1Gb Ram - 40Gb hard disk

Brian1
1st February 2009, 07:08 PM
Could help by telling us the hardware involved.
Pcmcia card brand, model, version?

Brian

jazz
3rd February 2009, 12:28 AM
Thanks Brian

Model: LAN108PCMCIA
Brand: NTECH
108Mbps / 2.4 Ghz / IEEE802.11g

FCC ID: O7J - GL245401-1A1

Thanks in advance

stoat
3rd February 2009, 03:08 AM
Hello everybody,

If I may butt in for a moment, I would suggest that you identify the chipset of the wireless card. It's the chipset that really matters. In fact, it's not unheard of for manufacturers to change chipsets (and drivers) during the production life of a particular piece of wireless hardware. I have seen threads about the LAN108PCMCIA where it had the AR5212 chipset which is known to work with the ath5k driver included with Fedora kernels. You may just have some tweaking and cleaning up to do./sbin/lspci -nn

jazz
8th February 2009, 09:52 PM
good evening

Maybe i have to ask for an advice...

What is your advice for a wireless pcmcia adpater that can work on Linux and /or Windows... I left WIndows and until now everything is a new world...

Maybe i am on the wrong forum and should start for the How to forum...

Thanks for your truly opinion for a new linux user.....

Thanks in advance