PDA

View Full Version : a few questions (new to rpm, familiar with dpkg)

rfrayer
11th December 2008, 07:36 AM
Let me start out by saying Fedora 10 is absolutely beutifull and well put together.

I ahvent used any rpm based os's since back in the days of Redhat, so its been ubuntu and debian this who time so ive got a few questions id like to ask for some help on if someone wouldnt mind helping me out.

1. RPM building.. In debian you can build a deb package fairly easy from precompiled binarys using dpkg-deb --build... is there anything like that for redhat management?

2. Checkinstall -- is there anything like the checkinstall --install=no for fedora?

3. personal repositorys i guise this would go to the rest is there any way to create your own repositorys like with debians for example

dpkg-scanpackages binary /dev/null | gzip -9c > binary/Packages.gz
dpkg-scansources source /dev/null | gzip -9c > source/Sources.gz

.... other than that id like to stress again Gr8 job on Fedora 10 live guys!!!

glennzo
11th December 2008, 10:29 AM
Welcome to Fedora Forum rfrayer :) In answer to the repository question, I've used Seve's guide with great success. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1089390#post1089390 I have nothing intelligent to add for your other 2 questions so I'll remain silent.

scottro
11th December 2008, 10:46 AM
I've taken the liberty of editing your subject. The forums are extremely busy right now with the new release, and this way, folks familiar with the differences will be more likely to see and answer your questions.

rfrayer
12th December 2008, 03:31 AM
thanks you

Tsuen Wan Travel Photos - Kattanam Instagram Photos - Panevezys Photos on Instagram