PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of upgrading...

creeping death
3rd November 2008, 02:51 AM
well tommorrow (4th nov) is the preview release, and public release is on 20th...

whats the difference between the two...
suppose i get my preview release, will i be able to convert my preview release to stable release...i.e some sort of upgradation facility, or will i have to download the final release once again on 20th??

LBCoder
3rd November 2008, 04:24 AM
Actually, tomorrow is the THIRD, not the 4th, but yes, you should be able to update to the final version with a simple "yum -y update" on the release date.

Demz
3rd November 2008, 04:28 AM
well tommorrow (4th nov) is the preview release, and public release is on 20th...

whats the difference between the two...
suppose i get my preview release, will i be able to convert my preview release to stable release...i.e some sort of upgradation facility, or will i have to download the final release once again on 20th??

Final release 24th Mate :) ..been answered a lot of times.. you will be able to upgrade to final release from preview

Actually, tomorrow is the THIRD, not the 4th, but yes, you should be able to update to the final version with a simple "yum -y update" on the release date. dunno where you are but its the 4th here in Australia now so it should be 4th in America tomorrow

creeping death
3rd November 2008, 04:30 AM
no for me...its 3rd morning already...

Demz
3rd November 2008, 04:32 AM
Correction Fedora 10 final release (General Availability) 2008-11-25

Sakai - Guiyang Travel Photos on Instagram - Kuwait Photos on Instagram -