PDA

View Full Version : What a week! So far...

Wayne
2nd October 2008, 01:53 AM
First off we get a new version of vBulletin, nice new layout, extra features and something else to get used to :)

Then, out of the blue I get an e-mail from a friend who hasn't been in touch for two years! Relieved to hear he's OK. He returned to Hawaii at the end of 2007 and was having a hell of a job getting settled. Bottom line he learned was don't rely on people who make promises they can't keep..

The same afternoon I get another mail from a friend in Singapore who comes over on business every year or two and always makes time to go out and have a few large ones! He'll be arriving Sunday morning and am I free to go boozing in the evening! I'd made plans to go to an Oktoberfest on Saturday and didn't really want to spend a lot on both days. Luckily, one friend who I arranged to meet at the fest could also make it on Sunday, so I'll take my buddy down to Yokohama for the fest! It'll be something different than our usual routine of a smoky izakaya and dai-jokis :)

It's Thursday morning and I hope there are no more surprises in store! I'm knackered already! :eek:

Wayne

nick.stumpos
2nd October 2008, 02:05 AM
sounds like your in for a good weekend

Wayne
2nd October 2008, 02:09 AM
sounds like your in for a good weekend

Yep, I'm looking forward to it! The Oktoberfest is a lot of fun and this time I think 3 craft breweries will be offering their beers alongside the mass produced German stuff! It's going to be a blast!

I'll probably need a week to recover :) Luckily, I have a light schedule next week :)

Wayne

notageek
2nd October 2008, 02:34 AM
Sounds like vacation to me :cool:

Speaking of which I'll be on vacation too next week, I'll be going back home after 1 year! Yeaye!!!

Demz
2nd October 2008, 02:40 AM
iv'e just been burning off outside before it gets to hot an now im having a nice Cold Beer .. i still got more to do but the burning off is almost complete,, all i gotta do is cut more Fencing an get rid of it

robert-e
2nd October 2008, 02:48 AM
Hey Demz,
You piqued my interest; what is "burning off"?...and Fencing and get rid of it"?? Now I do understand the meaning of a nice Cold Beer.
Man, I was looking at the price of a can of malt today...the darn stuff has doubled in price since the last I brewed. Now I have to drink twice as slow ;-))
Bob

Demz
2nd October 2008, 02:55 AM
Hey Demz,
You piqued my interest; what is "burning off"?...and Fencing and get rid of it"?? Now I do understand the meaning of a nice Cold Beer.
Man, I was looking at the price of a can of malt today...the darn stuff has doubled in price since the last I brewed. Now I have to drink twice as slow ;-))
Bob
Burning off = Burning Rubbish ..chicken wire fencing kinda fence an its getting rather warm outside these days so i gotta light fires early before 11am Melbourne Australian time .. kinda stuff i have had to burn is old Wood Stumps that held this fence up that the previous owners of the house i live in put up .. not good to have around when white ants can attack it an then go elsewhere so its best to burn it

and also Termites, i dont know if you get them in america http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termites

Ireland - Zhuhai Instagram Photos - Leipzig Photos on Instagram -