View Full Version : First Build
1st September 2008, 03:54 PM
I'm thinking of building a computer (for the first time!) to run fedora on, and I was wondering if anyone had any useful bits of advice regarding components etc.
1st September 2008, 05:25 PM
If you are wondering regarding Fedora or Linux specific advice (hardware compatibility), just search the hardware section of the forum and take note of the problematic (that is: to be avoided) components.
- buy a huge (aluminum) case: you won't regret having more space in it...
- buy a brand PSU (with modular cables, maybe)
- don't use the "stock" heatsink that comes with the CPU - buy a real cooler for your precious processor :)
- consider some hard disk cooling device
- an UPS is a good idea
- search for dvd burners and motherboards whose firmware is upgradable natively with linux
... and have fun :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.