PDA

View Full Version : fakeroot in fedora

send4jerry
28th August 2008, 11:22 AM
Hi there,
I have a linux, feora version 4 installed in PC. Can any one plz suggest a way to install "fakeroot"?? I tried yum install fakeroot. Didnt work!!! :confused: Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Jerry.

ivancat
28th August 2008, 11:34 AM
fc4 reached EOL long ago and is no longer supported. I doubt rpm packages are still available for it anywhere at all

send4jerry
28th August 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the quick reply,
:( Very bad!!! Is there any way to install fakeroot. Or should i install the updated version of fedora?? If yes which version do u suggest?

glennzo
28th August 2008, 12:08 PM
Look for the source file and download it. Try to install it but it will probably fail due to dependencies. Is an upgrade to Fedora 9 no an option?

ivancat
28th August 2008, 12:10 PM
You always may try to compile from sources

and if you decide to upgrade fedora... I use F8 but it soon reaches EOL as well (F10 is to be released at the end of Oct) so F9 should be the best case for now (though can't tell I like F9 much because of some new stuff that was introduced... nevertheless, it is supported has recent upstream and most bugs are fixed and has about 9 months of support ahead)

send4jerry
28th August 2008, 01:15 PM
yes Glenn, you are right . i explored that option, but it failed due to ""undeclared (first use in this function)". :) I guess i have to install FC9.

Hassi Messaoud - Dos Hermanas Photos on Instagram - Brunswick Travel Photos on Instagram