PDA

View Full Version : fc3t1 dualbooting

pumo
27th July 2004, 09:55 AM
Hi!
Does core3 test1 have problems with m$ XP dualbooting system ?

Because of that problem I haven't even upgraded FC1 -> FC2.

I am not sure could it even break my system because I have:
on hda1 is m$XP fat32 partition and same disk couple ntfs partition (hda5 and hda6)
and on hdb FC1 (hdb1-3 and hdb5)

bsoderror
27th July 2004, 02:48 PM
Hey Pumo, it works fine here with XP, all fat32. If you have some ntfs drives you don't have to mount them. If XP is on a fat32 you shouldn't have any problems, FC3T1 picked and boots XP fine and dandy. I had to manually add the rest of the distros. :cool:

pumo
27th July 2004, 08:52 PM
Hey Pumo, it works fine here with XP, all fat32. If you have some ntfs drives you don't have to mount them. If XP is on a fat32 you shouldn't have any problems,
which do you mean FC2 or FC3t1 ?

bsoderror
28th July 2004, 01:56 AM
which do you mean FC2 or FC3t1 ?

heh heh This is the FC3T1 forum, in my sig FC3T1 is also referenced it's a real safe bet I was referring to FC3T1. If you were talking about FC2 in here my apologies but the same holds true for that version also. If you are worried about it make a backup/image of XP. That way *if* something goes awry, you'll still be safe. Remember this is a test release, if you aren't comfortable with doing this stuff just wait till it goes gold, it'll be worth it . Like I said in another post, I tried installing under Vmware under XP didn't work too hot. Installed on a test drive and worked well, a day later I installed on my real drive with everything else. Took out FC2 and did a clean FC3T1 install. YMMV

Erbil - Greece - Brazzaville Travel Photos on Instagram -