PDA

View Full Version : Preferences box of Gnome apps

jusaus
14th May 2004, 01:46 PM
Hi admins.
I was wondering if you guys could conduct a poll?
Not sure how to word it, I would leave that to you, but it seems to me that the preferences of most applications are presented in one of two ways. Either the preferences have tabs, like Microsoft Windows and most Gnome apps currently have (Epiphany, for example), or they are more like Mozilla Firefox where the preference sections are tiled down the left side. I would love to see the second one win the poll, and send the results to Gnome developers. But either way, my reading of the current HIG gives me the impression they have not definitively decided one way or the other. Whatever the winner, it would be good to send user opinions to the developers, no?
Thanks heaps guys, and thanks Ug for changing the date format, that was my request to ease the pain on my little head!

LordMorgul
15th May 2004, 08:17 PM
I prefer tabs.
-- They take up less actual space in the window so that the window can be only large enough to show the options
-- As you mentioned the prevailing method for MS Windows is to use tabs, and sticking to that improves cross-platform usability

cathal
15th May 2004, 10:46 PM
stick with tabs!