PDA

View Full Version : F9 kdebase installation problem

kost-bebix
25th April 2008, 09:38 AM
Hi! I've got fedora 9 pre installed and I need to install kdebase to my system (it's pretty uncomfortable without it :-)

So, I'm just typing
yum -y install kdebase*

and that's what it says:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
freetype-devel-2.3.5-4.fc9.i386 from fedora has depsolving problems
--> Missing Dependency: freetype = 2.3.5-4.fc9 is needed by package freetype-devel-2.3.5-4.fc9.i386 (fedora)
Error: Missing Dependency: freetype = 2.3.5-4.fc9 is needed by package freetype-devel-2.3.5-4.fc9.i386 (fedora)

What's wrong with that guy?

Hlingler
25th April 2008, 10:41 AM
Well, the command that you issued was to install all packages kdebase* (with a wildcard), so yum will try to install the kdebase-devel and kdbase-debuginfo packages, and any other package matching the wildcard, as well as the run-time package: kdebase. Do you really need the development and debugging packages? If not, try running the command without the wildcard:
yum -y install kdebase

If you want the whole KDE Desktop Environment, then:
yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
just like that, with quotes and capitals and parentheses.

V

kost-bebix
25th April 2008, 02:03 PM
Well, the command that you issued was to install all packages kdebase* (with a wildcard), so yum will try to install the kdebase-devel and kdbase-debuginfo packages, and any other package matching the wildcard, as well as the run-time package: kdebase. Do you really need the development and debugging packages? If not, try running the command without the wildcard:
yum -y install kdebase

If you want the whole KDE Desktop Environment, then:
yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
just like that, with quotes and capitals and parentheses.

V

Thank you, I'll try that when get home (at work f8). About "*" - I don't remember, but I think I did without * to.
About yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)" - that's great advice.

/me gone to read man yum

kost-bebix
25th April 2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah. Both things worked out. Thank you.