PDA

View Full Version : quake3

blue dragon
16th April 2008, 03:26 AM
does anyone play quake 3 any longer (i still have my linux version)

Wangberg
16th April 2008, 03:40 AM
i played q2 back in the day....but never played another game after that .... except Civilization (1) occasionally...both require windows though :(

billb
16th April 2008, 05:17 AM
i played q2 back in the day....but never played another game after that .... except Civilization (1) occasionally...both require windows though :(

I don't know about Civilization, but a source port was created for Quake II so it and the addons do run native on Linux. I play it on the PS3 running PPC Linux. :D

http://icculus.org/quake2/

@blue dragon: I have Quake 3 & 4 but haven't played them much ... I actually got the Quake 4 Special DVD edition just so I'd have Quake 2 & the expansion packs that come with it.

majikthise
16th April 2008, 06:02 AM
Yeah, how to fool Q3 into thinking it has the kernel from 2000.
Currently got it running on my winblows laptop, but that's destined for re-sale so I'd like to get the linux version up and running (the installation key works on either)

Majikthise

blue dragon
16th April 2008, 07:55 AM
how odd.

once, i killed my HD, and only had windows, and was addicted to QUAKE3.
so,
i installed my linux version of Q3 on windows using a separate set of libraries (it was a single command) and it worked perfect.

so, i played a linux game in windowsME and now, i just miss the good ole days of fragging out on my linux machine.
since my laptop is sooo much faster than my 1st desktop by 2thousand percent, i should be a frag master.

btw.
look for the q3 metal tin version.
i bought mine for 5 bucks, and it came w/a poster and lots of other stuff.

majikthise
16th April 2008, 09:19 AM
No I meant the linux kernel from the year 2000 not Winblows 2000! You see I have the linux version of Quake 3 and later acquired the windows version.

blue dragon
16th April 2008, 07:00 PM
No I meant the linux kernel from the year 2000 not Winblows 2000! You see I have the linux version of Quake 3 and later acquired the windows version.

:D too many 2000s (theres even a honda 2000 now.)
you truly are a fan of q3 then.

majikthise
16th April 2008, 10:42 PM
Oh yes! :D

I'm a big fan of doom too.

Majikthise.

piga
8th May 2008, 10:34 PM
Play often with Ioquake3. It is in the Fedora repos now I believe, at least the Demo. .

piga
23rd May 2008, 10:47 PM
My brother managed to mess with the gravity settings in Quake III! If I can get the URL where he got the information I will post it. All I have to say is that the bots "Violated my airspace!" :D

blue dragon
24th May 2008, 10:07 AM
really once the aim bots arrived, it was just a waste of time (getting killed so fast).
but, on a lan, its really very fun.

Technopeasant
25th May 2008, 01:01 AM
Who doesn't still play Quake III it is after all the best action game ever made. id is working on some new arenas too!

quasitrou
25th May 2008, 04:33 AM
I latest played in Quake III at two years old on my FreeBSD and RedHat 9.0. Anybody played Q3 in tourney and fighting one vs one?
->really once the aim bots arrived, it was just a waste of time (getting killed so fast).
Is your version impossible kill bots nightmarry skill? If's it this but ver 1.32 that patched well.

piga
26th May 2008, 04:51 AM
I dont really play Qauke3 multi player, I dont see why people are so critical of the bots, Best part of the game.

blue dragon
26th May 2008, 07:28 AM
b.c when you play w/out them, its fast/ light/ easy to play/ and competitive.
w/bots, its just like playing a pc at chess.
if i wanted to watch auto-skills, i would just watch a movie.

Thetargos
27th May 2008, 12:50 AM
The Q3 bots are rather dumb, actually. But I do agree with Piga, it is fun to play with 'em. Even if you play multiplayer. I used to be good at action FPS games, and now I appreciate the dumb AI, and play Q3A every now and then.

Technopeasant
27th May 2008, 02:13 AM
Well yea, lets hope id brings out these new arenas then!

Ferari
30th May 2008, 01:36 PM
wuake supports linux i was not knowing that, what all geams are supportes by linux btw?

okcomputer44
30th May 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Ferari!

There you go the list:

http://rangit.com/software/top-8-linux-games-of-2007/

I've tried the Enemy Territory with Quake 3 engine and it worked wery well!

That was not too bed at all!

If you google the "linux games" you will get million links.

Laz

piga
16th August 2008, 10:10 AM
Hey,

Is there a list of Quake3 bot talk triggers out there? Here are some I have discovered:

PC: talks about computers.
AI: talks about Artificial Intelligence.
Carmack: warns you to take care when speaking of the "Arena Masters".
Ha ha ha!: makes comments about laughing.
Die: makes the bots get tetchy.
Damn: gets them angry at you for "swearing", "Dams are for Beavers".
Continued Talking: they ask you to shut-up angrily.

Nanfeng Photos - Sullana Instagram Photos - Mezotur Travel Photos on Instagram