PDA

View Full Version : brasero burning data-disc unexpected file extensions added

majikthise
15th April 2008, 07:00 PM
Hi,
Using F9 Beta (all updates applied) - Today I created a data disc of some stuff i've downloaded.
Some of the files have no file-extension but on the cd they have .html extensions, all other files that do have an extension are ok. Anyone else had this happen?

Majikthise.

majikthise
15th April 2008, 07:38 PM
Correction - F9 has added the file extensions not brasero. Still in the dark as to why.

Majikthise.

Hlingler
15th April 2008, 07:56 PM
Not clear that this is a problem: is the .html file extension inappropriate for the files in question?

V

majikthise
15th April 2008, 08:16 PM
Hi,
The files in question are pure binary, and now that I've removed the extensions manually that's what Fedora thinks they are. I got the files via FTP (Firefox 3 beta 5) do you think this might be the cause?

Majikthise.

>Not clear that this is a problem: is the .html file extension inappropriate for the files in question?
>
>V.

Hlingler
15th April 2008, 08:49 PM
Hi,
The files in question are pure binary, and now that I've removed the extensions manually that's what Fedora thinks they are. I got the files via FTP (Firefox 3 beta 5) do you think this might be the cause?No, I would rather suspect some glitch in mime-type recognition and/or firefox/brasero interface with mime-type data, but that is of course just an educated guess. Anything's possible IMO with beta software, only important thing is it's perfectly clear now that this is an error, not a surprise new feature.

V

majikthise
15th April 2008, 09:27 PM
I hope RC1 arrives tomorrow.

Lautaro Travel Photos on Instagram - Nimes - Hilvarenbeek Photos