PDA

View Full Version : Hp K7100

suomaf
29th March 2008, 05:26 AM
Hello All,

I am using Fedora 7 and have tried to install the HP Officejet K7100 using Cups. It all works ok when printing on A4. Colors is ok as well. The problem tho is that I used a different .ppd file foomatic-HP-Office_K80xihpijs.ppd. I cannot print in A3 at all which kind of defeats the purpose of buying this printer. Does anyone have any idea where i can download the K7100 ppd file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Suomaf

suomaf
29th March 2008, 10:06 AM
Hello All,

I installed the Hplips and finally got the ppd file and it prints fine. But I still cannot get A3. Should I just install the printer onto mircosoft windows and call it a day? Only reason I got this printer was to get A3 printing... sigh..

Suo

suomaf
6th April 2008, 11:54 AM
Hey all,

Is there any cups or hplips gurus out there that can help? Kinda desperately need to print A3 from Linux.

Suo

suomaf
8th April 2008, 02:57 PM
Anyone can help a brother out here. What I need is to be able to create either a custom size or be able to print A3 on HP K7100.

Much appreciated thanks
Suo

suomaf
8th April 2008, 03:56 PM
Okie.. never mind.. i got it.. I hacked the PPD file and I am uploading that file in the next post. After I added all the places with A3 and its options. A3 appeared in the CUPS menu. I am now able to print in A3. Hope someone else can benefit from my experience.

suomaf
8th April 2008, 04:01 PM
What you do is remove the .txt from the file extension and then when you are choosing the ppd file..just use this one. I am not sure if the syntax or everything is working but I can print A3 from Inkscape and thats all I wanted. Viva La Fedora

Amman Shafa Badran Photos on Instagram - Tisvildeleje strand Photos - Ballygunge, Kolkata Instagram Photos