PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and Java

adprice
29th January 2008, 04:29 AM
Ok, this has been the one problem I haven't been able to fix which is driving me absolutely nuts. Has anybody gotten the Sun Java plugin (libjavaplugin_oji.so) from either the JRE 1.6.03 or the JDK 1.6.03 (or 04) to work with x86_64 version of firefox?

I've tried every set of install instructions I have come across and nothing works. I've read about the XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN bug and using nspluginwrapper and putting the object file in various places. Nothing works. So, if you have a similar system (FC8 x86_64) and have gotten this working PLEASE let me know. This single stupid problem has become the itch I can't scratch.

NeilEvan814
6th June 2008, 05:31 AM
I don't know.....I am about to stop scratching....I have done everything I have come across too and no good solution this post looked promising http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=167705&highlight=firefox+x86_64+jre+install
But I got confused with the symlink from ice tea plugin to mozilla. I think I will write an inquiry tonite and see if I get a response. The icetea plugin path to gcjwebplugin.so stumped me because my file is libgcjwebplugin.so and its path is /usr/lib/gcj-4.1.2 and then i didn't understand abput linking to mozilla lib64 does that have to do directly with firefox plugins??
Neil

Wayne
6th June 2008, 05:34 AM
Moved to x86 64-bit

Wayne

Presidente Prudente/SP Photos on Instagram - Nyhavn 47 - Pancake House Travel Photos on Instagram - Avenue of Stars, Hong Kong Travel Photos